Last Modified: October 2022
How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- Directly from you
- Through our websites, mobile apps, and other connected devices and digital means
- In-person, including or via our promotional events, sweepstakes, and contests
- By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data
- From our vendors and business partners
- From other sources and platforms that you may use to engage with Stem Ciders
Types of Information We Collect
The types of information we may collect include:
- Your contact information, such as name, birthday, postal or email address, and phone number
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, or household income
- Shopping behavior or preferences
- Billing and shipping information
- Username and password for the account you may establish on a Stem Ciders website
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles, and comments)
- Content you make available through social media accounts (e.g., when you sign in using social media plug-ins)
- Information you choose to provide in connection with an application for employment
- Device-specific information (such as unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number)
- Personal information stored locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. We and our service providers and business partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites
- IP addresses and other details of devices you use to connect with Stem Ciders, including via our websites or other connected devices and services
- Search terms used to reach our online content
- Details about your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, social media platforms, or other connected devices and services (such as the date, time, and length of visits; specific pages accessed during the visits; and the frequency of the visits)
- Interaction and viewing of advertisements and content
- Geo-location data
- Transaction information including items purchased and date and time of your transaction.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to improve and develop new goods and services, and to enhance our customers’ experience when visiting our websites, mobile apps, social media, and connected devices, services, and platforms.
- Responding to your requests, questions and comments, and providing customer support
- Facilitating your engagement with us via connected devices and services
- Tailoring the content we display to you in our communications, including advertising, and offering products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business, our websites and mobile apps, and other products and services we offer (including developing new products and services)
- Establishing and maintaining any account you create on our websites or mobile apps
- Fulfilling, managing, and sending you information about your orders, including processing payments
- Offering and administering promotions, sweepstakes, and contests
- Conducting market research
- Analyzing and enhancing our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Providing personally relevant product features, such as tailored search results and advertising
- Generating anonymized data for further data analytics
- Accepting and evaluating employment applications
- Enforcing our contractual rights
- Complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies.
You may see Stem Ciders advertising on various websites, web pages, social media, and other platforms. Please note that the nature of Internet media buys is such that we are not always able to have full information about the platforms on which our advertising may run. These platforms in some cases may not be aligned with our values as a company. If you believe that our advertising is displayed on platforms that promote inappropriate or offensive content, please contact us at info@StemCiders.com.
We may serve advertisements and allow third parties to serve advertisements through our websites and mobile apps. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third-party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors, and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties. Advertisements served through our website and mobile apps may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information you provide to us, based on your website or mobile app usage patterns, or based on your activity on other websites or online services. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative. Please note that if you choose to opt out, you may continue to see ads on our Site or from us on third-party sites, but they will not be based on how you browse and shop.
How We Share Your Information
We collaborate with our affiliates, service providers, and business partners on:
- Customer service and support
- Payment processing and order fulfillment
- Product and service development
- Surveys and market research
- Advertising, promotion, and marketing
- Data analytics
- Support of our business operations.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we will continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as order confirmations or information about changes in our website terms.
Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites and mobile apps may not function correctly.
You may stop sharing your location data by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instruction on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Access and Correction
You may (a) request access to the information we maintain about you, and the details about our processing of that data, (b) request that we update or correct your information, or (c) request that we delete the information we maintain about you. You may make a request by contacting us at info@StemCiders.com.
In some circumstances, including where we are specifically permitted to do so by applicable law or your request is inconsistent with our legal obligations or our policies, we may choose not to comply with your request or provide a partial response. If this is the case, we will notify you of our decision.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 on our websites or mobile apps. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through our websites or mobile apps, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
We may provide links to other websites, services, and applications, such as Facebook, that are not operated or controlled by Stem Ciders (the “Third-Party Services”). These Third-Party Services also may include an activity feed, social media buttons, and widgets, such as the Facebook “Like” button or the “Share This” button.
If you are a California resident, please review the California Privacy Notice, below.
The Website is hosted and operated in the United States. By using the Website, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information to the United States. If you are accessing the Website from outside of the United States, please be advised that United States’ law may not offer the same privacy protections as the laws of your jurisdiction.
How We Protect Information
We use industry standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Information We Collect and Disclose
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information from our Consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, or other similar identifiers.||Yes directly from you.||Disclosed to trusted service providers to fulfill your request or transaction, including, for example, payment processing, or delivery or shipping services.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as birthdate, contact information, and payment information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes directly from you.||Disclosed to trusted service providers to fulfill your request or transaction, including, for example, payment processing, or delivery or shipping services.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as your age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, or other similar protected information.||No|
|Commercial information, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, or other consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes directly from you.||Not disclosed.|
|Biometric information, such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints.||No|
|Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes||Not disclosed.|
|Geolocation data, such as physical location or movements.||No|
|Sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|Professional or employment-related information. Such as current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)), such as educational history or degree (for applicants).||No|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as predictions about your interests and preferences.||No|
Use of Personal Information
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. Please see above for the disclosures we have made in the preceding twelve (12) months for a business purpose.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not sold personal information.
Financial Incentives Disclosure
We may provide special offers and benefits to customers who choose to participate or sign up to receive communications from us via email, text, chat, and social media. The information we request from customers when they sign up may include a legal name, address, state, country, zip code, email, and Instagram or TikTok username, and published post on a social media account. Financial Incentives Disclosure. The CCPA’s implementing regulations define a “financial incentive” as a program, benefit or other offering “related to the collection, deletion, or sale of personal information.” Our collection of your personal information allows us to effectuate these programs. We estimate the value of personal information solely for purposes of the CCPA and pursuant to the valuation options mandated by the CCPA regulations, to be reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
|The Right to Know||
You have the right to request any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
|The Right to Request Deletion||You have the right to request the deletion of Personal Information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.|
|The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales||You have the right to request the deletion of Personal Information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.|
|The Right to Non-Discrimination||You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.|
|“Shine the Light”||“Shine the Light” California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to info@StemCiders.com|
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website or our Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.